The latest patch for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War has arrived, ushering in some important changes for the just-launched League Play event, while the Zombies mode gets more stability improvements, bug fixes, and more.
League Play kicked off this week and the new patch includes a series of fixes, one of which solves the issue that could cause classes to show up empty in some scenarios. The update also delivers some restrictions, one of which is that you cannot use any type of suppressor attachment, while a number of barrel attachments are also cut.
League Play is the new competitive-minded option for players looking to have a more serious and intense experience.
As for the Zombies changes, players can expect stability improvements as well as changes to the camo challenges. Orda eliminations now count for three eliminations, while the special enemy class now counts for the weapon camo challenges, too. As for the bug fixes, one of the issues that this patch addresses is how players could magically escape the village when using the Aether Shroud Tier III.
Elsewhere, the Tombstone Soda perk has been fixed so players no longer die when fast-traveling as a shadow, while a fix has also been deployed for a bug that could cause the player’s resources to fail to populate as they should.
The new Wonder Weapon also gets a small fix to address some of its visual effects, while the Dark Aether Artifact Intel should now be awarded normally in the main quest.
The February 9 patch for Black Ops Cold War does not contain any fixes or changes for the standard multiplayer mode, it seems. You can see the full notes below, as posted by Treyarch on the developer’s website.
In other Call of Duty news, Activision has issued another wave of bans for cheaters in the battle royale game Warzone, bringing the total number of bans to date beyond 300,000.
Black Ops Cold War February 9 Patch Notes
- Players logging into League Play for the first time should now see preset CDL classes instead of empty custom classes in Create-a-Class.
- Players should now be able to save their custom classes properly in League Play.
- Suppressors (All)
- Task Force Barrel
- Spetsnaz RPK Barrel
- CMV MIL-Spec Barrel
- Tiger Team Barrel
- Mounted Flashlight
- Target Designator
- Tiger Team Spotlight
- Field Upgrades
- Updated the percentages listed on the Skill Divisions Overview screen.
- Addressed a dismissible UI error that could appear when exiting a League Play match in the After Action Report.
- Fixed crashes related to Essence Traps, Main Quest, and Tombstone Soda.
- Special enemy class now counts toward the Elite eliminations weapon camo challenge.
- Orda eliminations now count for 3 Elite eliminations toward weapon camo challenges.
- Closed an exploit where a player could teleport out of the Village using Aether Shroud Tier III.
- Addressed a rare issue where an Orda Assault Round could end prematurely.
- Tombstone Soda
- Addressed an issue where the player’s resources would not update upon collecting their stash.
- Addressed an issue where the player could not pick up items after dying in shadow form under certain circumstances.
- Addressed an issue where the player could die and not reach their body while fast-traveling in shadow form.
- Addressed an issue with the RAI K-84 where offset visual effects could be seen after using the teleporter.
- Addressed an issue where the Dark Aether Artifact Intel was not being awarded properly during the Main Quest.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.