Treyarch has released the latest update for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and it affects several different game modes, including standard competitive multiplayer, Zombies, and League Play. If you were participating in League Play this weekend, you may need to think of a new strategy to replace your trusty RC-XD scorestreak.
The RC-XD is restricted in League Play, meaning you’ll want to come up with a new low-level alternative before you’re caught off-guard by this change. Additionally, friendly fire has been changed slightly, converting to ricochet damage after the second team-kill and returning damage toward the attacker. Should you get two more team-kills, you will be kicked from the match.
Other changes include fixing an issue on the Express map that would let you capture a Hardpoint zone without actually being inside it, and tweaking some UI problems. In Zombies, you also shouldn’t be teleported out of the map when others use it in the Village area, nor will you be able to stand on the crafting table. Check out the full patch notes from Treyarch below and make sure you don’t miss out on the Double Weapon XP weekend currently running.
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Patch Notes (February 13)
- Addressed an issue with League Play button showing up in Combat Record in Barracks.
- Addressed an issue where all non-Master Calling Cards were displaying negative values in challenges menus.
- Addressed issue on Express where it was possible to capture Hardpoint outside of zone.
- Friendly fire will now convert to ricochet damage on attacker after second team-kill and players will be kicked after two additional team-kills.
- Added “Results Processing” display.
- Improved visuals on “Processing Ladder Result” display.
- Addressed issue that could incorrectly display details from previous League Play event.
- Address issue where players could not scroll up and down League Ladder.
- Addressed issue that could cause players to be teleported out of map when others used teleporter in Village area.
- Closed exploit allowing the player to stand on crafting table.
- Addressed issue where upgrade icon was grayed out when player had enough to upgrade at the Arsenal.
- Added “Seasons” icon for “Firebase Z” challenges in the challenges menu.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.