It’s a big day for Destiny 2, as the space sandbox loads up a new chapter within its current storyline called Season of the Chosen. While a number of fixes and tweaks to the game have been added in the latest patch, developer Bungie is aware of other issues that players may encounter when they start the game after the new update has been installed.
Bungie also reminded players that any season pass content they own will be applied to the first set of characters that signs into Destiny 2 after the new update. What this means is that if you plan to use cross-save for other characters, you should create a cross-save account before you log in. You can find out how to do that on the Destiny 2 cross-save page.
Top Issues Being Investigated
One of the stranger issues that Bungie revealed is that Barrier Colossus Champions in Battleground: Behemoth may actually walk out of their Barrier shields during combat, leaving them open to Guardians who would normally be unable to damage these mighty mini-bosses.
There are also a few more annoying problems that may crop up, such as the new currency of Cabal gold not dropping from a Raid or Dungeon completion, Umbral Engrams being transformed into a Legendary Engram if your inventory is full, and Salvager’s Salvo being denied to players who wish to reclaim it from their collections.
These and other issues are currently being looked at by Bungie:
- Swapping between Challenger Medallions or Cabal Runes on the Hammer of Proving does not refund currencies used.
- Socketing the Hammer of Proving prior to receiving a quest step to do so will not complete the step; players will need to re-socket the Hammer to progress.
- Decrypting an Umbral Engram with a full inventory of Umbral Engrams will result in a Legendary Engram being sent to the Postmaster.
- Barrier Colossus Champions in Battleground: Behemoth may walk out of their Barrier shields.
- Rapidly entering and exiting the vendor screens of H.E.L.M. vendors may result in misaligned camera views.
- Cabal Gold does not drop from Raid or Dungeon completions.
- Ascendant Shards from Crucible and Gambit rank rewards cannot be acquired with a full consumables inventory, even if there is room in an Ascendant Shard stack.
- Salvager’s Salvo cannot be reclaimed from Collections.
Destiny 2’s servers are back online and the new update is ready for download on PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S. There’ll be plenty of new content to look forward to over the next three months such as three more Strikes being added to the playlist, Stasis Aspect quests going live, and the return of the Guardian Games in April.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.