Silent Hill fans were overjoyed when longtime series composer Akira Yamaoka seemed to tease a new entry in the series in a recent video interview. However, the clip was later taken down by the original publisher AI Hub, who simply said that they “were asked to remove the clip” by an unspecified party.
We thank you for your support which contributed to the spread of the interview that we published yesterday with Akira Yamaoka around the world.
We were asked to remove the clip, and it has been removed.
and stay tuned for the next interviews https://t.co/sMuGmf6NIT
— Al Hub – الهَب (@TheHubKW) February 5, 2021
In the clip, Yamaoka stated that he was working on a new project that would be announced this summer, and specifically said, “I think it’s the one you’re hoping to hear about.” This would seem to indicate the Silent Hill series, since Yamaoka is closely associated with that franchise. News of the clip’s removal prompted some to point at Konami as the party who asked AI Hub to take it down, given that the company has quashed similar rumors before.
However, Konami told multiple sources (including PushSquare) that they didn’t communicate with AI Hub, suggesting that perhaps Yamaoka himself asked them to take it down. Silent Hill rumors have swirled for years at this point, with Konami outright stating last year that rumors of a Silent Hills reboot were not accurate. Recently, an unknown fan bought SilentHill.com as a response to the popularity of a certain Resident Evil Village character.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.