Sports betting website Bookies.com has released odds on who will be the cover athlete for EA Sports’ Madden NFL 22, and the current favorite would be the first-ever Jeopardy host to land on the annual franchise’s cover.
Aaron Rodgers of the Green Bay Packers discount double-checks his way to the top of the pack with 11/2 odds. Tennessee Titans running back Derrick Henry is a close second at 6/1, while Kansas City Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce and Los Angeles Rams defensive lineman Aaron Donald are tied for third at 15/2.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Tom Brady appears on the list twice, both by himself at 17/2 odds and in a joint cover with Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes at 12/1. If Brady or Mahomes were to appear, they would be the first player to ever grace Madden’s cover twice. Mahomes donned the cover of Madden NFL 20, while Brady appeared a few years earlier for Madden NFL 17. The Madden series began featuring cover athletes with Madden 2001’s Eddie George; prior to that, John Madden himself was featured.
The full list of odds as found in the official press release is below.
Bookies.com Madden 22 Cover Athlete Odds:
- Aaron Rodgers (Green Bay Packers, 11/2)
- Derrick Henry (Tennessee Titans, 6/1)
- Travis Kelce (Kansas City Chiefs, 15/2)
- Aaron Donald (Los Angeles Rams, 15/2)
- Tom Brady (Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 17/2)
- Dalvin Cook (Minnesota Vikings, 9/1)
- Davante Adams (Green Bay Packers, 9/1)
- Josh Allen (Buffalo Bills, 21/2)
- Patrick Mahomes (Kansas City Chiefs) and Tom Brady (Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 12/1)
- Russell Wilson (Seattle Seahawks, 12/1)
- DeAndre Hopkins (Arizona Cardinals, 13/1)
- Stefon Diggs (Buffalo Bills, 13/1)
- Other (15/1)
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.