A new update for NBA 2K21 might make your favorite player look more like himself. The next-gen update, available on PS5 and Xbox Series X|S, has bug fixes and improvements, but most of the changes are likeness updates for various players.
The next-gen update 6, as detailed on the official site, makes improvements to the likenesses of several NBA stars like Tyler Bey and Rayjon Tucker. There’s also a general fix to a bug that would sometimes occur when trying to start a MyNBA save from the offseason.
Other fixes include one to menu issues in the Mystery tier of Domination, a win/loss exploit in some multiplayer modes, and a fix to the Geologist achievement and trophy. You can check out the full update list below.
This is similar to the last patch, which also focused largely on likeness improvements for the next-gen versions. And while the patch is live across both PS5 and Xbox, NBA 2K League has committed to exclusively use PlayStation 5 for the remainder of its season. If you’re looking elsewhere for your virtual basketball action, the NBA 2K21 Arcade Edition launched on Apple Arcade last week.
NBA 2K21 Next-Gen Update 6
- The following players have received a number of likeness updates:
- Darius Bazley
- Tyler Bey
- Hamidou Diallo
- Jahmi’us Ramsey
- Domantas Sabonis
- Luka Samanic
- Landry Shamet
- Rayjon Tucker
- Resolved a rare issue in MyNBA when starting a save from the offseason
- Resolved reported menu issues with the Mystery tier in Domination
- Duplicated Attribute Boosts for Triangle and Post Coaches have been removed
- Addressed a Win/Loss exploit in Unlimited and other multiplayer modes
- Made visual improvements to Dark Matter in certain menus
- Resolved an issue with the Geologist achievement/trophy
- Additional preparations added for future seasons of MyTEAM
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.