Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War has received its latest update, and its main new addition is the super-powerful ZRG 20mm sniper rifle. This is the sixth new weapon that has come to Black Ops Cold War (and Warzone) in Season 2, but the update also has a lot more in store.
The April 7 update also adds new stability improvements for the Zombies Outbreak mode, while it also introduces several changes for Dead Ops Arcade 3 and Onslaught. The new Miami Strike map gets a fix as well for an out-of-bounds bug. Additionally, the RC-XD is now a little more lethal, and players can expect a variety of smaller fixes as well.
Additionally, this update fixes an issue with the challenges related to unlocking the “Science” weapon camo for launcher weapons, while the R1 Shadowhunter’s own “Classic” weapon camo challenge tracking issue is fixed with this update.
Treyarch acknowledged one remaining issue–the R1 Shadowhunter appears locked for some players, even after reaching 15/15 for their challenge progress toward it. Treyarch suggested this issue might be related to players quitting matches mid-round.
You can see the complete patch notes below, as posted by Treyarch.
In addition to this patch, Black Ops Cold War players are getting even more content and features in Season Two Reloaded this week. Gunsmith Customs and Gunfight Tournaments are coming this week, along with an update to Gunfight Blueprints.
Finally, Treyarch reminded players that a double XP event is kicking off today, April 8, and running through Monday, April 12.
Black Ops Cold War April 7 Patch Notes
- ZRG 20mm
- ZRG 20mm sniper rifle now available via in-game challenge or Store bundle.
- Addressed an issue with UI icon visuals for the “Oni” Reticle appearing too dark in the preview.
- Miami Strike
- Closed an out-of-bounds exploit area near the Parking Garage.
- Increased RC-XD damage to take down nearby enemies using Flak Jacket.
- Addressed an issue where the “Science” camo category for the RPG-7 wasn’t tracking properly.
- Addressed an issue where the “Classic” camo category for the R1 Shadowhunter wasn’t tracking properly.
- Addressed a stability issue related to Ammo Mods.
- Fixed crashes related to Objectives.
- Addressed a stability issue related to the Krasny Soldat’s leap attack.
- Addressed a stability issue related to the Dragon Relic.
- Addressed a stability issue related to Wall Buys.
- Addressed a stability issue related to the Secure Objective.
- Added numerous stability fixes.
Dead Ops Arcade 3
- Adjusted XP rewards.
- Slightly adjusted some rewards for life donation.
- Adjusted time allotments for Wave 3 in the Room of Judgement.
- Addressed an issue where the Bonus Room War Store not functioning as expected.
- Addressed an issue where the War Store wasn’t granting vehicles or a random one.
- Addressed a co-op issue where a player wouldn’t be warped into the Room of Fate if another player was dropping into the Room of Fate on a buggy or mech at the same time.
- Addressed an issue where various shield type objects (Barrels, Boxing Gloves, Sawblades, Tesla Balls) were not working as expected.
- Addressed an issue where the player’s shield was not affecting the Meatball or Spider enemies as expected.
- Addressed an issue where the Tesla Ball wasn’t working against some enemies.
- Addressed an issue where the player wasn’t properly getting credited for kills while in vehicles for the “Damage Delivery” Challenge.
- Addressed an issue where leaderboards were not updated correctly at the end of match.
- Addressed an issue that caused Optics to be automatically unlocked on the R1 Shadowhunter crossbow.
- Adjusted difficulty scaling for higher Surges.
- Adjusted spawn rate and movement speed of enemies to match other modes.
- Added super sprinter enemies to Onslaught.
- Addressed a UI error that could appear upon selecting Player Details when using keyboard and mouse.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.