The thiefly multiplayer game Hood: Outlaws & Legends received a new patch recently, and it makes some minor but significant changes to the game. These shifts include assassination behavior, how stunlocking and staggers work, as well as several bug fixes.
First, Patch 1.4 nerfs the assassin pretty significantly. Assassinations can now be interrupted if players manage to do damage to the assassin above a certain threshold. According to the patch notes, most basic attacks meet that threshold, so assassins need to be a bit stealthier if they want to get that backstab.
Similarly, players can avoid getting staggered more consistently by dodging and blocking now. Seems the developers felt that there were too many situations where players were getting stunlocked to oblivion, so this change should help alleviate that.
Additionally, “The Ballad Unfolds” and “The Ballad Ends” Trophies should be working now, though players who already fulfilled their requirements won’t have it automatically unlocked. According to the patch notes, that fix will be coming in the next update. Also, Epic Game Store players can now invite Steam players to their play groups.
Hood: Outlaws & Legends 1.4 Patch Notes
- Assassinations can now be interrupted if damage to assassin exceeds a certain threshold (read more here) TLDR: most basic attacks interrupt it now.
- Players can now exit stagger/stun more consistently through dodging/blocking, to reduce situations where players would get stunlocked
- Players on EGS can now invite players on Steam to their group.
- After the end of a match, players are moved back to the hideout, but remain in their squads. This should reduce matchmaking times because before, players were leaving the automatic queue in order to return to the hideout, which had a negative impact on queue times.
- Rank is no longer displayed in the lobby.
- Improved ability to interact with winch when standing close to it
- Added feedback alert for when an enemy team reaches a new winching notch
- “…The Ballad Unfolds” and “…The Ballad Ends” trophies can now be unlocked. It won’t be automatically unlocked for those who already fulfilled the requirements. This fix is coming in the next update.
- Fixed challenges that involve tagging
- [Xbox One, Xbox Series] Fixed mute not applying when a user had been muted via their gamercard during gameplay.
- Fixed Ctrl appearing when trying to bind a key to Right Shift or Alt Gr
- Added missing home spawn icon on Citadel for both teams
- Tweaked some texts in the post-match screen for clarity
- Fixed the respawn timer sometimes appearing blurred as if in the background
Other Bug Fixes
- Fixed the tag not being removed for enemy players when a Marianne used her ability after getting tagged by an AI
- Fixed collision pushing mechanic forcing characters to rotate in certain instances
- Fixed visual effect of Gold coins falling out of chest when it was dropped
- [Xbox One, Xbox Series] Fixed black screen when returning to Hideout
- Fixed Tooke’s weapon disappearing if he used his ability right after climbing down a rope
Check it out